Concert Guide- Seated and Standing

In the past 2 weeks I've been to two concerts one standing and the other seating. So I thought I'd put together a list of tips for concerts both standing and seating. ( I'm not expert on this, but this is what I learnt at both these concerts.)

Concert No1- Imagine Dragons- Birmingham Barclay Card Arena- 20th November- Seated

With all the extra security at concerts these days after the Paris Attacks they've really hyped up on security at a lot of events especially concerts.
So my advice is: even if you know who have a good seated ticket get to the event at least 30 minutes earlier then you were planning to originally. At the Imagine Dragons concert we thought we had plenty of time until we turned and looked at the line. It went all the way around the concert hall and this was because they were only having one entrance open and letting in 3 people at a time ( they were even doing body pat down thingys, which was really awkward). We spent 45 minutes in the freezing cold and to make matters worse it started sleeting AND we missed the support act :(
Just don't make the same mistake that we did.


Concert No2- The 1975- Oasis Leisure Centre- 27th November- Standing

This concert I went to with a group of my friends and it was really fun, the audience were aged around 13-24 so it was a nice atmosphere. But there were a few things I wish I had known before hand.

  1. Bring your own drink in a small bottle because they'll make you decant it into a cup before going in for security reasons. (It's better having less water sloshing around in a cup then a full glass). Also, drinks are so expensive at concerts so it's a lot cheaper and easier to bring your own, especially when the drinks line takes around 30 minutes.
  2. DON'T TAKE A BAG- if you do take a very very small one. My friends told me at school the day before but I ignored them because I wan't to bring my big camera. Having a bag is useful and is alright if your seated and have somewhere to put it. But if your standing you have a lot on your mind already like: making sure you're not in someones armpit or having beer spilt on you, without worrying about someone nicking your bag.
  3. PLEASE PLEASE DON'T FILM THE WHOLLLLE THING- It's acceptable to maybe film some of your favourite song but filming the whole concert:
a) Takes up lots of space on your device
b) Annoys everyone around you because your blocking their view
c) Putting it on your Snapchat storey doesn't make everyone at home jealous,we just have to listen to your bad singing and get an achey finger
d) Just watch the concert with your EYES, your eyes will be better than any screen or camera lens, just live in the moment and enjoy it!

Both concerts were really amazing and I wish I was standing at the Imagine Dragons Concert , but I would have probably had a panic attack because it was sooo packed.
I hope you had a nice day :)
Comment below your favourite band or concert.
Bye x





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me

Instagram

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Hi my name's Eleanor I'm 15 yrs old and from Wiltshire, UK. I decided to make this blog to share pictures from my holiday but now it's spread to be a more lifestyle blog. I hope you enjoy :)